Who We Are
Sibenco Legal & Advisory is a specialist legal and business advisory firm that provides organisations with strategic, practical and responsive advice in:
- Corporate Governance
- ediscovery Consultancy Services
- Information Governance
- Legal Project Management
- Privacy & Data Breach
- Workshops and Presentations
Sibenco Legal & Advisory was established in 2012 as a specialist legal and business advisory firm by Susan Bennett, Principal and Director [view Susan’s profile]. For many years, Susan led large litigation cases and inquiries involving the production of large volumes of documents/data. This expertise enables Susan to deliver responsive and risk management solutions for effective information governance and regulatory compliance, particularly in data privacy, cross border data protection and critical incident planning and response.
Maureen Duffy joined Sibenco in 2017 and is admitted as solicitor in the United States. Previously she worked at Herbert Smith Freehills for over 10 years, and her latest position was Deputy Head of Disputes for Asia & Australia in the Alternative Legal Services Group. Maureen led the eDiscovery and Legal Review teams, and was responsible for consulting on strategy and providing support to the global Disputes legal team through out Asia and Australia. In this role, Maureen had the opportunity to work from scoping to resolution on some of the largest litigations, arbitrations and regulatory inquiries to have occurred in the region [view Maureen’s profile].
Susan and Maureen bring practical perspective and insight to deliver tailored legal, business and risk management solutions to meet strategic objectives.
We work closely and collaboratively with clients to deliver effective legal and business solutions to government and private sector clients.
How We Deliver
Sibenco is an innovative firm committed to providing efficient, responsive and flexible services to meet our clients’ needs. This includes:
- Senior and highly experienced legal counsel to provide our clients with strategic advice and results.
- Skills in budgeting major legal projects and working with clients to provide cost-effective solutions.
- The ability to scale up resources according to our clients’ needs and requirements, but only in close consultation with the client.
- Resources to tap into skilled contract lawyers and consultants to meet clients’ needs and objectives as required, such as on large projects or in building project specific teams.
Our Approach: Practical, Insightful and Focused on Solutions
- Results focused – we understand our clients’ commercial and strategic objectives and work to deliver results that meet those needs and objectives.
- Clear communicators – we deliver our services in a clear, pragmatic way. We enjoy working with our clients in an open and honest relationship.
- Experts – clients can count on our deep experience and up to date expertise in the areas in which we operate.
- Independent – we provide independent advice to bring the right strategic services and tools for each individual matter and project.
- Trusted advisors – we enjoy long-standing relationships with our clients, who reach out at any time for counsel or as a sounding-board.
- Responsive – whether clients are facing a crisis situation requiring urgent advice or are looking for more flexibility in the way our services are delivered, we are able to respond quickly and meet our client needs.
- Flexible – we work flexibly to achieve clients’ outcomes, whether this demands working independently as an external advisor or collaboratively with in-house teams.
A Flexible Fee Model
Sibenco offers a flexible fee plan to accommodate the different needs and project requirements of our clients. Our options include:
- Fees charged on a competitive hourly rate basis;
- Fixed fee for project work;
- Retainer, as agreed upon.
Talk with us about your project and the fee model that works best for you.