Information and data are at the core of any organisation, but with that data comes responsibilities to protect the information and prevent data privacy breaches, as well as opportunities to maximise the value of data and improve organisational performance.
With a robust information governance program, your organisation knows:
- The data that exists and where it exists;
- How the information is managed and made accessible;
- How data is secured and the data risks;
- The information that needs to be retained;
- Which information provides business value.
In order to govern information and both the risks and opportunities that arise, it requires all areas currently responsible for managing information to work together toward achieving the overarching strategic information governance objectives and priorities. This is illustrated in the diagram below:
Solutions for Your Organisation
Sibenco Legal & Advisory offers holistic solutions that ensure proper governance of your information. Services include:
- Conducting an information maturity assessment.
- Developing an information governance strategy that covers policies, procedures, processes and guidelines for use, and aligns information management with business objectives.
- Developing ethical frameworks for data analytics involving the processing of data containing personal information.
- Preparing information and record retention policies and schedules for retention and defensible disposition of documents.
- Privacy frameworks, policies and processes.
- Data breach incident response plans including notifications to regulators, customers and clients.