Preventing data privacy breaches is becoming increasingly important, with the increasing costs of dealing with cyber attacks, IT security breaches, and the subsequent legal actions and regulatory investigations.
Sibenco Legal & Advisory provides your organisation with:
- Solutions to embed privacy into new processes, products and services to reduce future privacy compliance costs.
- Appropriate data breach incident response plans.
- An effective response to data privacy breach incidents, including notification requirements to regulators, customers and clients.
A privacy assessment is a good first step in evaluating the performance of data privacy protection measures currently in existence throughout your organisation. Sibenco will provide your organisation with an expert audit of your privacy policies and procedures.
Privacy and Data Protection
To ensure your organisation’s legal and regulatory privacy obligations are met and privacy breaches are minimized, Sibenco will develop a strong privacy and information governance framework for your organisation.
The needs of your organisation are unique, which is why Sibenco will create a holistic privacy framework tailored to them. We embed privacy in your organisation by:
- Developing an overall privacy framework;
- Developing processes for ‘privacy by design’ to be included at the start of new projects and processes, or for new products and services;
- Developing or updating privacy policies and procedures to comply with legal obligations and best practices.
Ethical Frameworks for Data Analytics
Where Data Analytics initiatives involved the processing of personal information and ethical based approach enables your organisation to build trust and transparency with its customers.
Sibenco assists by:
- Evaluating data analytics initiatives and preparing data impact assessments;
- In respect of an ethical based approach tailored to suit the needs and requirements of your organisation:
- Developing an Ethical Value Statement or Policy;
- Providing Ethical Frameworks and/or checklists for use in data initiatives; and
- Advising in relation to the establishment of an Ethics Committee.
Preparing for a Data Breach
Having measures in place to quickly address a data breach is key to containing risks. Sibenco will assist your organisation by:
- Preparing a data breach response plan, known as the ‘Incident Response Plan’.
- Training a cross functional team, including, for example, IT, communications, privacy and legal personnel, on how to respond to a data breach.
Responding to a Data Breach Incident
Sibenco will guide your organisation in properly complying with laws and notification requirements as part of your data breach response plan. Our services include:
- Ensuring compliance with data breach notification laws and reporting obligations to authorities;
- Assisting in overseeing third parties or processes for notification to customers, students, patients, etc., in a timely manner.
Post Data Breach & Remediation
- Your organisation will receive Sibenco’s expertise in identifying gaps in policies and processes and developing a remediation plan.