Standard Workshops & Presentations
We offer bespoke, specialist workshops and presentations for managers, C-level executives, and boards of directors. We provide our services across industries in the corporate, professional services, and government sectors.
These sessions are:
- Tailored to address your specific organisational needs and strategic objectives
- Designed to enable free discussion of your organisational constraints, providing options and solutions to improve and deliver effective outcomes for you and your organisation
- Focused on facilitating change within organisations, particularly around new technologies, systems and processes
- Flexible in delivery to suit the needs of your organisation
Information Governance is a key issue for organisations in today’s security conscious world. The imperative driving this surge in interest is twofold:
- The fast pace of the evolving digital world can disrupt existing businesses that don’t have a proactive Information Governance program; and
- Effective leadership of Information Governance is the key to ensuring appropriate strategies, priorities, policies and processes are successfully embedded in an organisation to maximise the opportunities and minimise the risks arising from the information it holds.
This workshop explains how the risks and costs of data and information can be minimised through effective Information Governance, in order to:
- Reduce business interruption and legal costs in the event of a data breach
- Reduce the amount of unusable data through defensible disposition of records
- Reduce costs of eDiscovery
- Increase privacy compliance
- Embed a cybersecurity and privacy culture
This workshop will help you:
- Increase your understanding of the objectives and benefits of Information Governance
- Develop and implement a successful Information Governance framework
- Understand why Information Governance needs to be led from the top-down
Corporate Governance – Delegations & Corporate Risk Management
Corporate governance – how a corporation is controlled and directed, and how it manages its risk profile – is generally contained in a framework of policies, rules, codes of conduct and processes. Despite many corporations having a plethora of documentation to guide and control the behaviour of their employees and executives, internally generated corporate scandals that damage reputation and financial standing, and expose directors to legal proceedings, continue to occur.
This is because good corporate governance is not only about policies, rules and processes, but how they operate and are embedded throughout the organisation. For purposes of efficiency, corporations, through governing boards, need to delegate decision-making. This means that executives and employees in the lower tiers of the corporate hierarchy can have authority and power, thus increasing an organisation’s risk profile. Delegations, therefore, need to be part of a corporation’s risk management framework.
This workshop covers:
- Delegations and corporate risk management – their respective roles and how they intersect
- Delegations and authorisations – their principles, benefits, the pitfalls to avoid as well as practical tips and processes for successfully reviewing and amending them
Privacy and Data Breach Incident Response
Preventing data privacy breaches is becoming increasingly important in the face of ever-increasing cyberattacks and significant data breach costs caused by cyberattacks, employees and contractors. This workshop explains how strong Information Governance, including a Privacy framework, is the most effective way to implement robust systems to minimise and mitigate potential privacy breaches.
This workshop covers everything you need to know to implement a comprehensive Privacy framework, including:
- The benefits of a sound Privacy Framework, including privacy policies and procedures
- Embedding Privacy by Design into your organisation – the benefits to the bottom-line, opportunities and challenges
- Privacy challenges for data analytics initiatives and how to address these - including an ethical based approach
- Minimising data breaches, including the importance of Information Governance
- What to include in a Critical Incident Response Plan
- Data Breach response -including notification to customers and regulatory authorities
- Lessons from the trenches - the risks of not training for a data breach and responding quickly
Legal Project Management
Legal project management enables in-house counsel to achieve project objectives at a reduced cost. This workshop explains how legal project management achieves pricing certainty and increased efficiency while simultaneously achieving strategic objectives. In-house counsel may consider using legal project management in the following situations:
- When selecting a law firm where significant legal spend is involved. Retaining a law firm that uses legal project management may be more cost-effective for your organisation. You will need to assess whether the model they use (in addition to the skills and experience of their personnel) is more likely to achieve your objectives with increased price certainty and predictability.
- When considering internal resourcing for the implementation of legal project projects, as a means of achieving more efficient and cost-effective results. You may also want to consider retaining the services of an in-house legal project manager to improve efficiency and reduce costs.
- Hire a litigation consultant who will work with your team, outside counsel and third party vendors to oversee, liaise, supply expertise and apply legal project management principles to assist in creating budget and bringing in project on budget.
This workshop empowers you to plan, manage and successfully execute legal projects on time and within budget.
You will learn how to effectively and efficiently:
- Plan and manage major projects – including whether to insource or outsource or both
- Use technology and people together to reduce overall costs and bring projects on time and within budget
- Plan and management the procurement, assessment and implementation of new legal technology and systems
Managing your Career - Creating your Plan A+
This workshop is for those in the process of considering or making a career transition looking to take control and creating your ultimate lifestyle.
This workshop explores:
- Timing – how to make career transitions at times that will reap maximum benefits
- Different career paths – considerations and benefits
- Is it time for complete change or a transition – what are the key things you should be thinking about?
- Setting clear and achievable goals
- Planning – what’s involved and what you really need to focus on to succeed
- Thinking outside the box
- Starting you own business – what’s involved, is it for you?
- Life learning – how it can help your career and well being
- Identifying and integrating outside work interests into your new career lifestyle
Other workshops and presentations available upon request
Enquire about workshops or presentations
If you are interested in enquiring about a workshop or presentation for your organisation please contact us here.