At Sibenco we work closely with our clients and project stakeholders to provide comprehensive governance advisory services including:
- Reviewing and designing Corporate Governance Frameworks to meet strategic objectives and regulatory requirements
- Reviewing and preparing
- Delegation of Authority framework (including policies, procedures and processes )
- Codes of Conduct
- Whistleblower policies and processes
October 4th, 2017
The terms ‘information’ and ‘data’ are often used interchangeably but there are differences in meaning. This article provides an overview of why both Information and Data Governance are important[...]
March 31st, 2015
Corporate governance – how a corporation is controlled and directed, and how it manages its risk profile – is generally contained in a framework of policies, rules, codes[...]
September 30th, 2014
How well an organisation deals with its delegations is fundamental to its efficiency to maximise opportunities and minimise risk. From a practical management perspective it is necessary in[...]
- Identifying appropriate built-in risk control and containment measures for new organisational processes, new projects or implementing new processes
- Reviewing risks in ongoing processes and modify mitigation measures
- Creating risk management plans with effective controls for managing risks and integrating overall organisational risk management
- Training staff as part of implementing or reviewing risk management plans
Information and data are at the core of any organisation, but with that data comes responsibilities to protect the information and prevent data privacy breaches, as well as opportunities to maximise the value of data and improve organisational performance.
Sibenco Legal & Advisory offers holistic solutions that ensure proper governance of your information. Services include:
- Conducting an information maturity assessment.
- Developing an information governance strategy that covers policies, procedures, processes and guidelines for use, and aligns information management with business objectives.
- Identifying opportunities for valuable data insight.
- Information and records retention requirements.
- Privacy data and risk management.
- Crisis response to data privacy breaches and/or non-compliance.
Information Governance leadership - Controlling data and information to achieve strategic objectives
October 15th, 2017
Cyberattacks, data breach, privacy of customers, citizens and employees’ personal information, together with the opportunities to create value from data and information held by organisations – are major[...]
May 7th, 2017
As the law lags behind in rapid technology innovations, particularly in big data, AI, machine-learning and the Internet of Things (IoT), there is increasing awareness and discussion about[...]
May 6th, 2015
Preventing data privacy breaches is becoming increasingly important, with the increasing costs of dealing with cyber attacks, IT security breaches, and the subsequent legal actions and regulatory investigations.[...]
May 1st, 2015
Effective leadership of information governance (IG) is key to ensuring that appropriate strategies, priorities, policies and processes are successfully embedded in an organisation, both to maximise the opportunities[...]
February 26th, 2015
Organisations globally are struggling to manage both the opportunities and risks posed by the explosion of data they hold, which is increasing at an exponential rate each year. [...]